- Any slices of bread: use any bread you please! Try out new things – pictured is our homemade buckwheat wheat white bread that didn’t rise – we usually use a cinnamon raisin for this that we buy from Beyond Bread Bakery from the local farmer’s market in Bandera, TX.
- 2 eggs – fresh are best!
- 1/4 cup milk – fresh raw organic is best!
- 1 lemon – zested and juiced
- Cinnamon sugar***
- 1 tbsp butter
- Powdered sugar (can exclude)
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and add 1 tbsp butter to the pan. Heat until butter is melted. While melting, mix eggs, milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice into a bowl.
- Once butter is melted and starting to turn brown, dip a slice of bread into bowl mixture on both sides and place into pan. Cook to desired doneness. Flip to other side and top with cinnamon sugar.
- Flip onto opposite side onto a plate and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Top with desired amount of butter. Continue to repeat process until done with the amount of pieces of bread of your choosing. If running out of egg mixture, make more. If having leftover egg mixture, add salt and pepper and make scrambled eggs!
- Once all finished, plate and sprinkle powdered sugar through a sieve onto your French toast. dd on toppings of choice including berries or syrup. Best served with bacon or sausage and a cold glass of milk! Yum!